hyde in a nutshell
- Support for powerful template languages like Jinja2 complemented with custom tags and filters.
- Rich object model and overridable hierarchical metadata thats available for use in templates.
- Configurable sorting, tagging and grouping support.
- Extensible plugin architecture with text preprocessing and HTML postprocessing support for complex content transformations.
- Instant preview using built-in webserver that regenerates content if needed.
Hyde is available on pypi.
Installing hyde is as simple as running the following command:
You can find more detailed documentation in the installation section.
After installation is successful, creating & generating your website is extremely simple.
To create a new hyde website:
To generate the website:
The hyde web server is a simple bare-bones webserver based on the python Simple HTTP Request Handler.
The following command starts the built in webserver:
You can access your website now at
The webserver regenerates the necessary files to serve your request. So, you can make your changes and simply refresh your browser to view them.
For all the supported options, read the
command line documentation or run
Your first hyde website
Hyde uses the
basic layout to generate your website by default. When you
view your generated website, you will see the following dummy pages:
You can now continue to edit the content, layout and styles to customize it to your needs. Please see the templating guide to get more information.